Learn the basics of home wine making at Sacramento Home Winemakers’ Winemaking 101 workshop. Whether you need a wine making refresher or am ready to take the deep dive into wine making, this workshop is for you.
The workshop covers:
- Steps for making red wines
- Resources for getting supplies and chemicals
- Safe use of winemaking equipment*
- Where to source wine grapes
- Finding mentors and resources
- The New Winemakers Group Crush that puts into action what’s learned in the workshop
* equipment certification is necessary to rent the Club’s wine making equipment (crusher-destemmer, press, and filters; get certified at WM 101)
The early August workshop is strategically timed close to harvest so that you can apply what you learned before you forget. The workshop has 2 parts:
- Zoom Presentation – Thursday, August 3, 2023, 6:30-8:30 PM
- Hands on Workshop – Granite Bay – Saturday, August 5, 2023, 9:00 AM-2:00 PM
The workshop is also open to non-members. Registration is required. Space is limited. Previous WM 101 graduates may retake the workshop. There is no cost for current Club members; $30 for non-members. Workshop fee can be applied toward SHW membership if joining the Club at the workshop.
Contact WM 101 Coordinator Joe McGillivray at email@example.com with event questions.