SHW Membership Information
Thanks for your interest in becoming a part of SHW!
Your 2021 annual membership is valid from January – December and entitles you to:
- Delivery of the SHW newsletter, The Grapevine to your fingertips;
- A year’s subscription (print version) to WineMaker Magazine (a $27 value) if renewing or joining by March 1;
- Having your wines evaluated with recommendations by people in the know;
- Participation in member-only activities including:
- SHW’s Jubilee wine competition;
- Group buys for grapes, glass and barrels, oak cubes, etc.
- Beginning Winemakers mentored group crush;
- Eligibility to rent SHW winemaking equipment: destemmer-crusher, basket press, and filter;
- Wine testing and analysis by the Club’s chemist;
- Select seminars and events;
- SHW’s Winemaker of the Year competition;
- email notification of Grapes for Sale and other wine making or wine-related items throughout the year;
- enjoying the Club’s special events at the membership rate;
- access to club members/mentors for wine making experience and expertise,
- monthly meetings, educational demonstrations, social events, friends, and lots of fun!
- Members also receive member discounts by showing your membership card (please request cards from membership chairs):
Memberships and Dues
Regular Membership: This is available to an individual, or couple residing at the same address, and each qualified individual is afforded that same privileges, being able to participate in all SHW functions, as well as hold office. Dues are $50.00 per year.
Student Membership: Individuals who are UC Davis students enrolled in the Viticulture and Enology program can become a SHW Student Member. Dues are $10.00 per year.
Dues Payment: You may join, continue your membership, or rejoin SHW by either…
- Paying by PayPal or Credit Card Online
- Submitting an Application and a check for dues by USPS
- Paying by check or cash at a SHW meeting (unfortunately not an option at this time)
Paying by PayPal or Credit Card Online
1. If you wish to join SHW as a New Member(s), or
2. If you are a Current Member (an active member in 2020), or
3. If you have been a member in the past, but were not active member in 2020,
Submit a Membership application and pay your dues by PayPal or Credit Card by clicking here
Application and Dues by Mail, or in Person
The 2021 SHW Membership Application Form can be downloaded by clicking here. It is a fillable PDF form and may be completed, printed and mailed back with a check to our Treasurer at the address below.
Remit your membership application form with a check made to SHW and mail them to:
SHW Treasurer – Wreatha Duverney
10725 Sunrise Ridge Circle
Auburn CA 95603
or, bring the completed form and dues check to the next SHW meeting (hopefully soon).
The mailing address is also on the bottom of the membership form.
Questions about membership? Contact the Membership Chair Gin Yang at email@example.com or 916 217-0294.
PLEASE NOTE: One thing we want to make very clear is that, though the online payments are made through PayPal, you do not have to have a PayPal account to make your payment. You will have the option to pay by credit or debit card, or your PayPal account. Also, no financial information will be stored on the website, or transmitted to anyone receiving transaction confirmations.