What a crazy wine and fun filled 2022 Jubilee celebration!
Thanks to everyone who helped make this year’s Jubilee a success. Special appreciation goes to Jubilee Wine Competition Coordinator Mike Menard who ran a smooth sailing competition and continued his magic at the picnic / awards ceremony. Many thanks to the Front of the House and Back of the House bosses and their assistants and crews for their hard work and attention to the details.
Judy Pinegar continued the tradition of hosting the Jubilee Picnic at her winery – thanks to Judy and her shade trees for keeping us comfortable. Smokin’ Pit Master Don Vinson and his team slow-smoked the deliciousness and attendees contributed to the potluck – we didn’t run out of food!
The Jubilee Silent Auction was a success! We appreciate the can’t-get-these-anywhere-else donations of food, gold wines, dinners, more wine, gift certificate, and commercial winery baskets. Thank you, Picnickers who showed generous support by opening your wallets. Special kudos to Silent Auction Coordinator Heather Rodgers and her crew for bringing this effort together in very short order. The auction earned $2,180 for the Club!
The Jubilee wine competition results can be found sorted by award and by winemaker by clicking on the highlighted links. Look for the Jubilee photos on the SHW landing page.
For the curious, here’s some 2022 Jubilee numbers:
- 41 entrants
- 114 wine entries – 14 whites, 5 roses, 82 reds, 5 fruits / exotics, 5 desserts (12%, 4%, 72%, 4%, and 7% respectively).
- 14 whites = 4 verdelho, 10 misc. white
- 82 reds = 7 syrah, 6 Bordeaux Blend, 8 misc. red, 10 barbera, 6 cabernet franc, 8 zinfandel, 6 primitivo, 3 merlot, 5 petite sirah, 6 tempranillo, 5 misc. red blend, 12 cabernet sauvignon
- 5 fruit / exotic = 3 stone, 2 berry
- 5 dessert = all fortified
- 1 Best of Show
- 4 Best of Division: White, Red, Fruit / Exotic, Dessert
- 15 Best of Class
- 8 Double Gold (7%)
- 21 Gold (18.4%)
- 62 Silver (54.4%)
- 19 Bronze (16.7%)
- 2 Honorable Mention (1.8%)
- 2 No Award (1.8%)
Pssst…next year’s Jubilee celebrates 50 years of SHW!