SHW Membership Information
Thanks for your interest in becoming a part of SHW!
Your 2017 annual membership, valid from January 2017 – December 2017, entitles you to:
- delivery of the monthly SHW newsletter, The Grapevine to your fingertips;
- a year’s subscription (print and digital versions) to WineMaker Magazine (a $30 value) if renewing or joining by March 1;
- having your wines evaluated with recommendations by people in the know;
- participation in member-only activities including:
- SHW’s Jubilee wine competition;
- group buys for grapes, glass and barrels;
- oak cubes in small quantities;
- Beginning Winemakers Variety Focus Group;
- eligibility to rent SHW winemaking equipment: destemmer-crusher, basket press, and filter;
- wine testing and analysis by the Club’s chemist;
- select seminars and events;
- SHW’s Winemaker of the Year competition;
- email notification of Grapes for Sale and other wine making or wine-related items throughout the year;
- enjoying the Club’s special events at the membership rate;
- access to club members/mentors for wine making experience and expertise,
- monthly meetings, educational demonstrations, social events, friends, and lots of fun!
- Members also receive member discounts by showing your membership card (please request from membership chairs):
Please use this form for 2017 membership: 2017-shw-membership-form.
- Annual Club membership dues for $50 per household for both renewing and new members. The year’s paid membership is valid from January 2017 – December 2017.
- Mail the form with dues to: SHW Treasurer Jacque Brown, 1616 Berkeley Way, Sacramento, CA 95819. The mailing address is also on the bottom of the membership form. Or, bring form and dues to the next SHW meeting.
SHW’s winemaking manual can be found here: