SHW Membership Information
Thanks for your interest in becoming a part of SHW!
Your 2019 annual membership, valid from January – December, entitles you to:
- delivery of the monthly SHW newsletter, The Grapevine to your fingertips;
- a year’s subscription (print and digital versions) to WineMaker Magazine (a $27 value) if renewing or joining by March 1;
- having your wines evaluated with recommendations by people in the know;
- participation in member-only activities including:
- SHW’s Jubilee wine competition;
- group buys for grapes, glass and barrels;
- oak cubes in small quantities;
- Beginning Winemakers mentored group crush;
- eligibility to rent SHW winemaking equipment: destemmer-crusher, basket press, and filter;
- wine testing and analysis by the Club’s chemist;
- select seminars and events;
- SHW’s Winemaker of the Year competition;
- email notification of Grapes for Sale and other wine making or wine-related items throughout the year;
- enjoying the Club’s special events at the membership rate;
- access to club members/mentors for wine making experience and expertise,
- monthly meetings, educational demonstrations, social events, friends, and lots of fun!
- Members also receive member discounts by showing your membership card (please request cards from membership chairs):
NEW!! STUDENT MEMBERSHIP as of 2019: Any UCDavis student enrolled in the Viteculture and Enology program may join the SHW Membership for a small fee of $10!
2019 SHW Membership Form – to join, remit membership form with dues to SHW Treasurer Bob Peake, P O Box 691, Folsom, CA 95763. The mailing address is also on the bottom of the membership form or bring form and dues to the next SHW meeting.
Questions about membership? Contact the Membership Co-Chairs:
Gin Yang – firstname.lastname@example.org or 916 217-0294;
Christa Ring – email@example.com or 916 798-5982.
SHW’s winemaking manual can be found here: