SHW Membership Information
Thanks for your interest in becoming a part of SHW!
Your 2019 annual membership, valid from January – December, entitles you to:
- delivery of the monthly SHW newsletter, The Grapevine to your fingertips;
- a year’s subscription (print and digital versions) to WineMaker Magazine (a $27 value) if renewing or joining by March 1;
- having your wines evaluated with recommendations by people in the know;
- participation in member-only activities including:
- SHW’s Jubilee wine competition;
- group buys for grapes, glass and barrels;
- oak cubes in small quantities;
- Beginning Winemakers mentored group crush;
- eligibility to rent SHW winemaking equipment: destemmer-crusher, basket press, and filter;
- wine testing and analysis by the Club’s chemist;
- select seminars and events;
- SHW’s Winemaker of the Year competition;
- email notification of Grapes for Sale and other wine making or wine-related items throughout the year;
- enjoying the Club’s special events at the membership rate;
- access to club members/mentors for wine making experience and expertise,
- monthly meetings, educational demonstrations, social events, friends, and lots of fun!
- Members also receive member discounts by showing your membership card (please request cards from membership chairs):
2019 SHW Membership Form – to join, remit membership form with dues to SHW Treasurer Bob Peake, P O Box 691, Folsom, CA 95763. The mailing address is also on the bottom of the membership form or bring form and dues to the next SHW meeting.
Student Membership: UC Davis students enrolled in the Viticulture and Enology program may join the SHW Membership for an annual fee of $10.
Questions about membership? Contact the Membership Co-Chairs:
Gin Yang – firstname.lastname@example.org or 916 217-0294;
Christa Ring – email@example.com or 916 798-5982.
SHW’s winemaking manual can be found here: