Overnight reservations at the Embassy Suites on December 14, 2014 for the Holiday Party & Dinner has been extended from Sunday, November 23rd to Monday, December 1st. Dinner reservations are due by Friday December 5, 2012. (see attached form)
SHW’s Annual Holiday Dinner Party and Silent Auction on December 14, 2014 is a festive time when members and their guests enjoy an evening filled with friends, wine and food. This event is in lieu of December’s general meeting.
This year’s party venue is the Embassy Suites – Riverfront Promenade near Old Sacramento which will host a special dinner for us with choice of entrees. Complete your weekend with an overnight stay at the Embassy Suites at a special rate offered to SHW Members and their guests.
* Dinner reservations are due December 5th. NO LATE RESERVATIONS.
* The Embassy Suites special room suite rate is $129 + taxes. Complimentary Overnight Parking ($30 Value), Complimentary Cooked-to-Order Breakfast for two at the Atrium Marketplace, and many other wonderful amenities to enjoy. Go to: www.sacramento.embassysuites.com and make your reservation using the group code: SHW or call (916)326-5000 and ask for the SHW discount rate. Room reservations must be made by December 1, 2014.
* For more information contact event coordinator Debbie Moretton at firstname.lastname@example.org or 916-296-1115.
See the flyer in the Newsletter to make your dinner party reservation(s) and for the website link to make your overnight stay reservation with the discounted room code.
The Annual Holiday Party is SHW’s biggest fundraising event and this year’s focus is a silent auction. Funds raised go toward Club expenses such as meeting room rent, speaker and meeting hospitality, web site maintenance, and many more budget items to bring you SHW programs and events. Your generous contribution as a donor or bidder – or both – is greatly appreciated!
If you are interested in donating, please contact either Judy Pinegar at email@example.com or Sonia Barron at firstname.lastname@example.org
So far here is the list of creative silent auction items already donated. We are looking for more! How about donating tickets to cultural or sporting events, wine tasting tours, harvest bounties, gift baskets, seasonal wreaths, so many ideas to make this event successful!
* Two nights stay in a newer Lake Tahoe Home with Hot Tub, WiFi, access to private beach with two piers, picnic area and lots of games to play. Donated by Jackie & Craig Brown. Value $680.00
* Award winning “Donner Boys” wines and food pairings (Multi-Course) for 6 people in Spring, 2015. Donated by Neal Shleffar, Donna Brown, Henry Wilkinson, Tom Engel & Ken Hough. Value $500.00
* Let’s take a trip to Spain! Cooking class for up to 8 participants. You will prepare Paella, authentic Spanish side-dishes all of which will be accompanied by home-made Sangria and Spanish Style Wine compliments of your instructors, Chefs JD Phelps & Erin Bartling. NOTE: Bidding is for two (2) class seats. Value $100.00
* Holiday Gift/Wine Basket. Donated by Gary Young & Marge Creazzi. Value $50.00