Phil Durrett, with ACIC Cork and Closures, is this Wednesday’s guest speaker. He’ll be sharing lots of information on wine corks – how they’re made and protect your wine – along with discussion on alternative wine bottle closures. Meeting starts at 7pm upstairs at the Turn Verein located at 3349 J Street in Sacramento. Bring your own wine glass and a bottle to share if you’d like.
Jubilee wine entries will be accepted at the meeting (seek out Cellar Master Joe Morgan or Thad Rodgers). Info:
- Your first wine entry into the 2018 Jubilee is at no cost, thanks to successful fundraising efforts. Entries after that are $8 per.
- Enter with 1 bottle of 750 ml wine, completed entry info, and fees.
- Last day to enter is May 16 (entries will also be accepted at May 16 meeting).
- Competition is open to current members only. 2018 membership form can be found here.
- Find Jubilee competition details here and on right side of SHW’s website home page.
- This year’s Jubilee is the weekend of June 9-10. The wine competition is on Saturday, June 9, and the Picnic – Awards cermony is on Sunday, June 10. Picnic info and reservation forms are in the April 2018 The Grapevine.
On behalf of the El Dorado Home Wine Makers Association, Chief Judge Donna Bettencourt will also be accepting entries for the El Dorado County Fair’s Home Wine Competition. Information on that competition can be found here.